- Leaders no younger than 25 years old and no older than 40 years old by Oct. 8, 2017, the first day of the 2017 Immersion Program
- Ready and capable of traveling to the Philippines, arriving in Manila by Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017 and departing no earlier than Oct. 14, 2017. If selected, the program will shoulder airfare and accommodations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills within their school, community,workplace or other area of involvement
- Have potential or demonstrated involvement in the Filipino community,or in issues and/or activities that align with the interest of the Filipino American community or the Philippines.
2017 FYLPRO APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
I. General application form
For your resume, please cite involvement in your school, civic or community organizations. Provide information on the name of the organization, position in the organization, duties and significant accomplishments, and dates of membership. Highlight specific examples when you exhibited leadership skills and the ways in which you have been active with the Filipino-American community and advocating Philippine interests. Feel free to add additional pages to your standard resume.
III. Two letters of recommendation
IV. Response to 3 key questions (500 words maximum per question):
- What factors influenced your decision to apply to FYLPRO?
- What do you think are the main challenges facing Philippines (enumerate no more than 3)? Why do these issues matter to you and what would you recommend to the Philippine government as solutions for these issues?
- How do you plan to echo what you learned from FYLPRO to your peers and stakeholders? How do you intend to use your leadership skills to contribute to the advancement of the interests of Filipinos and to the development of the Philippines?
V. Legacy Project Proposal
Legacy Projects are social impact projects and initiatives that FYLPRO Alumni develop and implement after the Immersion Program in Manila. Legacy projects can be a non-profit, social enterprise, or a one-time campaign or initiative that advocate for and help advance the position of the Filipino community. Check out our Legacy Projects for ideas.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill-out the “Intent to Apply” form below.
- Download and complete the 2017 Immersion Program application form.
- Email the form to email@example.com by July 21, 11:59 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time, referencing “2017 APPLICATION FORM” on the subject line.
INTENT TO APPLY
- Top 10 Highlights from the 2016 FYLPRO Immersion Program
- Follow #FYLPRO on social media, photos on Facebook.
# # #