FYLPRO is an non-profit organization 501(c)(3) of high-performing, next-generation leaders that have a passion for advancing the Philippines and the Filipino people.
FYLPRO was established in 2012 by Ambassador of the Republic of the Philippines to the United States of America, Jose L. Cuisia, Jr. and Mrs. Victoria J. Cuisia in cooperation with the Ayala Foundation Inc. (AFI) to identify, each year, ten outstanding young professionals in the Filipino communities across the United States and provide the delegates with invaluable community, business, and government insights and access to a distinguished network captains of industry and government. These selected individuals are called the FYLPRO delegates.
The organization’s guiding principles include:
- Integrity – showing high character, accountability
- Innovation – Creativity, thinking out of the box
- Collaboration – working together with communities and individuals that share the same values
- Pride in being Filipino – promoting and celebrating our heritage in the past and improving, preserving our cultural roots and moving Filipinos forward
- Compassion – patience, humility, understanding, empathy
This is why we do what we do:
- Bridge connection between Filipinos and Fil-Am issues
- Representation in numbers and credibility
- To discover, design and define the Filipino brand
Learn more about the organization: FYLPRO delegates gather in NYC leadership summit, embarked in strategic planning
We aim to:
- Capture and magnify the voice of the Filipino youth community in the US (ages 40 & under)
- Preserve the Filipino culture, customs, and values
- Build empathy towards Filipino community both in the Philippines and the US
- Maintain grassroots and non-partisan approach of working locally in the fields of: arts/culture, business, design, education, engineering, finance, government, medicine, policy, and technology that will have an impact nationally and globally
- Continue and strengthen the dialogue with the highest officials and policymakers in the Philippines and US, leaders of industry, media, artists and cultural experts, and entrepreneurs.
We hope to attract more young Filipino-American leaders who we hope will be among the movers and shakers among the emerging generation of Filipino-Americans … The involvement of these emerging leaders in the Filipino-American community is expected to further add vibrancy and dynamism to the development of the Philippines and to the Filipino- American community in the United States.
– H.E. Jose L. Cuisia
Former Ambassador of the Philippines to the United States
2017 Board of Directors
Jan Paul Ferrer
Ryyn Chua, Chair
Finance and Audit
Donny Rojo, Chair
Anthony Guevarra, Chair
Lakhi Siap, Co-chair
Bea Rico, Chair
JR Calanoc, Co-Chair
Policy & Government Affairs
Jan Paul Ferrer, Chair
Louella Cabalona, Chair
Kulinaryang Pilipino (2017 Fly-in)
Joanne Boston, Chair
Council of Advisors
Maraming salamat to our Founding Partners!
If these partners continue to see the progress FYLPRO has made through the years, so can you. Become a partner today!